Skip to main content

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask Review

Our skin is more receptive to treatments while we are at rest. While peel-off face masks and face sheet masks helps, a sleeping mask is even better. Why? Because our skin still loses moisture at night. Thus the need for extra hydration while we sleep and thank heavens to those who invented sleeping masks!




This was listed as one of the 10 must try face masks to make you look fresh from spot.ph
Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, made from edelweiss flower stem cells sourced from the Alps, replenishes skin in the most natural way. Left overnight without washing off, the lightweight pliable mask moulds itself like a second skin. In the morning, skin feels smooth, hydrated, and plump, resulting in skin that’s fresh and younger looking.

Price: Php 1,895
Available in all The Body Shop outlets


Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus Hybrid Oil, Polysorbate 20 , Diheptyl Succinate, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Caffeine, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Linalool, Citronellol, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Limonene, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum
How To Use: Apply every night on cleansed skin as a last step of skincare. Scoop with spatula and apply on face and neck by gently massaging into skin. Leave on to absorb. Avoid eye area.




The sleeping mask comes in a big, flat glass jar with a spatula. Yay! It's just a bit heavy which also means that bringing this when you travel is not highly recommended. Still, the packaging was beautiful in my opinion. ^-^


The texture of this mask is also unique. It looks like tofu with it's smooth surface but as soon as you scoop it out with the spatula, it turns into a creamy texture. And once it touches your skin, it melts! It's a bit weird and I can't stop scratching my head in finding the right words to explain the texture. Haha.

What kinda puts me off with this cream is that it feels sticky on my face. It felt and looked like I smothered petroleum jelly even if I only apply a small amount on my face! I think it takes two-three hours for my skin to fully absorb this since when I wake up five hours after (that's the most sleep I get in a day), my face isn't sticky anymore.



credits

* Based on a commission study of 109 women
** Based on a commission study of 103 women


I have used this for ten days straight now and I can say that my face felt softer. The 'bouncy' benefit, that I am not sure of but if it's synonymous to my face being tighter, then yes- my face also felt tighter now! Hubby also noticed that I have this healthy glow unlike before where my face looks dull and tired. ^-^
YAY:
✔ Made my skin softer and tighter.
✔ Gave me a healthy glow
✔ Smells great
✔ Includes a plastic spatula



NAY:
× Felt sticky upon application
× Quite expensive.
× Packaging is not travel-friendly


Will I recommend? Definitely! This is a 9.75 for me!

Please let me know if you've already tried this sleeping mask or any other sleeping mask in the market. I would love to hear from you, ladies. Cheers!


Comments

  1. this one looks promising... although you cant do the ninja moves on the bed? hehe perfect for ageing-dry skin like my mom's! im actually on a hunt for that perfect gift for her just because. i'll consider this as an option. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your mom would love this. And yes, you're right, no ninja moves when I use this. Boo.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm sounds really good to try but the price is steep as you say. I think the only product I've bought from Body Shop is Tea Tree Oil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be quite expensive but then this tub can last for six months, I guess. ^-^ Haven't tried their Tea Tree Oil yet but I've heard so much about it.

      Delete
  3. Great post. I wish there's always a How To Use product for Body Shop. I get most of my items from BS but I'm sometimes not sure if I'm using them right. haha =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I do is google for reviews, sis. Just so I'm sure that I am using the product properly =)

      Delete
  4. If there's one thing that is missing in my facial routine, that is using a mask. Hay, my skin looks dull and lifeless. I'd better check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go ahead ^-^ Iba pa rin ang benefit ng mask.

      Delete
  5. My boys make fun of me evertime I put on overnight creams. When my youngest was about 4, he would call me a mumu and run away. I stopped wearing them since. 😣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I put sheet masks, my kid would also call me mumu. lol =D

      Delete
  6. I've never used a sleeping mask because my dermatologist advises against it due to my sensitive skin. Curious, though! I wish I could try this product, especially since you gave it such a good rating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Ang sad naman. Buti na lang hindi sensitive skin ko so I can try almost anything. How about sheet masks? Bawal din?

      Delete
  7. I might want to try this out. Parang ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super ok sya sakin. Sana ganun din maging effect sayo ^-^

      Delete
  8. Wow that is pretty expensive for TBS! I don't like sticky products so I'll have to pass :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's expensive yes, buti na lang I got this as a prize from Miss Martha ^-^

      Delete
  9. I have dry skin so I think I want to try this product. I hope that it goes on sale!

    Xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBS is on sale right now. Just not sure if this was marked down too =(

      Delete
  10. Ay sayang, it looks really promising but I really can't deal with anything sticky! I'm going to try Human Heart Nature's sunflower oil instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SBO is also good. I've tried that before ^-^

      Delete
  11. Wow Mommy Charm this sleeping mask looks promising! Sayang it's too expensive for me. I actually don't have any beauty regimen haha. Tulog agad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahal nga sya Miss Milet. Buti na lang I got this for free. ^-^

      Delete
  12. My only beauty regimen before going to bed is to wash my face. LOL. I'll check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead ^-^ I hope you like it too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Withdraw Paypal Funds To Your BPI Express Teller Account

Hello there my fellow online adventurers! Paypal is indeed the world's most loved way to pay and get paid. Most of the time, you get your payments sent to your Paypal account, right? You can then use it for purchasing online where Paypal is accepted. But sometimes, you would be in need of some cash but don't fret, you can always withdraw your Paypal funds directly to your bank account!


BPI is one bank that has branches (in the Philippines) almost everywhere and yes, you can use it to withdraw your Paypal funds as long as your Paypal is already verified. Take note, you cannot withdraw using your BPI bank account if your Paypal is still unverified.


Here's what you have to do:


1] Add your BPI bank account by simply logging in to Paypal. Once logged in, click "Add/Edit Bank Account". Choose this instead of the card option because withdrawal through bank account is free for Php 7,000 above.


2] Fill in the needed information. Bank of the Philippine Islands is the bank …

Renew Placenta Herbal Beauty Soap

Wotcha ladies! This one is long overdue and the product is not new in the market BUT I felt I needed to share with you this amazing whitening soap. This wouldn't cost you more than a hundred pesos which makes it all the more wonderful, right?

Introducing, the newly improved Renew Placenta Herbal Beauty Soap! This one's so common, you've probably seen them in the grocery store a hundred of times now. However there's another placenta soap being sold in the market so to avoid confusion, just look for the soap that has Pauleen Luna's face on it. 



Ingredients:  High-grade coconut oil, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium palmitate, Cocodiethanolamide & Placenta extract.

Would you believe that this 135g bar only costs PhP 85? There's a smaller bar that's sold at PhP 55, too! I was amazed when I saw the price tag so I got one for myself and my mom.




I cut the bar in half - not only to avoid it from melting but to save it from my youngest brother. Hilig din nya gamitin …

The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain Review

I'm anemic and look pale when I'm bare-faced. So whenever I go out, I try to look as healthy and pretty (lol) as possible. But the weather's been so hot (to think that it's already October!) and chances are, when I go out and put make up on, it'll fade in a couple of hours. Effort lang talaga ang magpa-pretty, gahd! That's when I started using lip and cheek tints. And now, I'll share with you one of my favourites-
The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain.


Burnt Face & HHN Sunflower Beauty Oil (Review)

In my constant search for a new moisturizer that I can use, I came across Human Heart Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. This one is very popular and a favorite among ladies. After some research, I decided to try it out. I had high hopes on the product since it claims 23 miracles, so how did it go, you ask?

Mestiza (The Healthy Skin Soap)

Wotcha ladies! Yes, this is another (affordable) whitening soap post. I am a big fan of Miss Kaycee of Kikaysikat and she recommended that I try this soap. Drum roll for Mestiza Soap!

Price: Php 53/ 120g Available in all supermarkets and drugstores