Skip to main content

My Blossoming Green Tea Affair

my green tea for tonight

I love coffee. So much. Aside from the fact that I needed it to keep me awake while working the graveyard shift, my day won't ever be complete without a cup of coffee. Lately I don't get that much sleep then I noticed that I palpitate whenever I drink coffee. Be it an instant mix or from a café, I'd soon have a hard time breathing and concentrating.


I consulted a doctor one time and was advised to get more rest, drink some supplements and lessen my caffeine intake! Say what now?! (O_O) It was hard. But after two weeks, I am starting to live with  and love it. I do have another favourite now, though. Since I have to drink something hot when I'm working (I think it's just psychological now, really) I have resorted to green tea.


I first thought of purchasing Twinings but then it's not available in my suki'ng grocery so I bought Lipton instead. It is affordable as it only costs Php 80/ box of 10 teabags. I drink one cup every night and I immediately noticed that it has somehow curbed my cravings. Normally, I'd grab a snack at around 1.30am but now, my tummy can wait until my lunch break at around 4.30am.


Upon checking Google, I've found other health benefits of drinking green tea:


✔ Rich in antioxidants like flavonoids and catechins
Improves brain function and concentration
✔ Helps lower the risks of cancer like breast cancer, prostate and colorectal cancer
Boosts your metabolic rate and increase burning of fats
Aids digestion
✔ Lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease
✔ Improves dental health
✔ May reduce your risk of cardiovascular diseases
Skin becomes brighter

**those in bold were the effects of green tea on me, based on my observation and others too**



Also, I don't discard my green tea bags immediately after one use because I still use them for my puffy eyes! Yes! Just squeeze the water out, let them cool or put them inside the fridge then put them over your eyes. Wait for 10 minutes and voila! No more puffy and dark circles on your eyes. (^-^)


If you haven't tried drinking green tea yet, it's high time that you consider it. Although I must say that it tastes a tad bitter at first but you'll get used to it, so no need to worry.


Any tea lovers out there?







Green Tea benefits from: Authority Nutrition



Comments

  1. My favorite tea ever! kahit sa food, mapa donut, green tea kahit frappe hehe. I love this kasi mura pero okay ang effects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Super happy and flattered naman ako that you visited my humble site Miss Genzel! (^-^) Yes, I agree. Aside from the health benefits, masarap din naman pala ang green tea!

      Delete
  2. i love this too! can be mixed with lemon din for soar throat naman :) plus super evident yung benefits for the skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon or honey goes best with green tea =) Thanks for dropping by Miss Genzel! I'm a fan of yours! OMG. (*_*)

      Delete
  3. I love tea! My absolute favorite is Jasmine, because it smells positively divine. (Dramatic, I know, but that's how good the aroma is.) Next is Earl Grey for the citrus aroma. Then there's green tea, when I just want something mild. Hope you get to try matcha powder mixed with cold water. Super refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try that matcha powder tea soon. Hubby gave me a box of Twinnings Green Tea and Mint and promised that he'll take care of my tea supplies from now on. Haha. I'll ask him to get me earl Grey next time and Jasmine too! Thanks for the tips (^-^)

      Delete
  4. I love green tea! It tastes so mellow...I also drink black teas once in a while, T2 is a good brand. I have their loose leaf chai tea and I would usually add a tiny bit of milk to make my own chai latte :)
    www.jacquelineuy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried adding milk to my tea. Hmm.. now I think that's a good idea! Thanks =)

      Delete
  5. the wonders of green tea!!!! you can also use as skin moisturizer daw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well I haven't tried it as a moisturizer, paano sya gamitin as one? Just the other day, I use green tea water as my bath soak and/or facial wash too!

      Delete
  6. I love drinking tea but I am picky with the taste. Haven't tried this one. I usually drink tea in leaves. There are Twinings at Gourdo's store in Trinoma. :) I think I will try this soon! You gave me something to look forward to in my next endeavor at a grocery store. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried tea leaves but I will surely do one of these days. Thanks Miss Christine! (^-^)

      Delete
  7. I thought tea had more caffeine than coffee, so I googled before making a fool of myself here :)) Apparently the caffeine stays with the leaves, and if you don't steep for too long, you'll have a manageable caffeine intake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (^-^) That's true Miss Tellie. That's why the instructions on the box says that the tea bag shouldn't be left for more than 3 minutes.

      Delete
  8. I love coffee too and green tea is like something I can't describe at first. Ahhh...It taste like grass but once you've got used to it it will be okay na to drink twice aday. It has a lot of health benefits.

    What I do with bag is, I apply to my face. It ia good din daw don. So far so good naman.

    www.nothingbutayvan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried applying it on my face though. Pero yung green tea water, minsan I use it as my facial wash and pan-ligo rin!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Withdraw Paypal Funds To Your BPI Express Teller Account

Hello there my fellow online adventurers! Paypal is indeed the world's most loved way to pay and get paid. Most of the time, you get your payments sent to your Paypal account, right? You can then use it for purchasing online where Paypal is accepted. But sometimes, you would be in need of some cash but don't fret, you can always withdraw your Paypal funds directly to your bank account!


BPI is one bank that has branches (in the Philippines) almost everywhere and yes, you can use it to withdraw your Paypal funds as long as your Paypal is already verified. Take note, you cannot withdraw using your BPI bank account if your Paypal is still unverified.


Here's what you have to do:


1] Add your BPI bank account by simply logging in to Paypal. Once logged in, click "Add/Edit Bank Account". Choose this instead of the card option because withdrawal through bank account is free for Php 7,000 above.


2] Fill in the needed information. Bank of the Philippine Islands is the bank …

Renew Placenta Herbal Beauty Soap

Wotcha ladies! This one is long overdue and the product is not new in the market BUT I felt I needed to share with you this amazing whitening soap. This wouldn't cost you more than a hundred pesos which makes it all the more wonderful, right?

Introducing, the newly improved Renew Placenta Herbal Beauty Soap! This one's so common, you've probably seen them in the grocery store a hundred of times now. However there's another placenta soap being sold in the market so to avoid confusion, just look for the soap that has Pauleen Luna's face on it. 



Ingredients:  High-grade coconut oil, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium palmitate, Cocodiethanolamide & Placenta extract.

Would you believe that this 135g bar only costs PhP 85? There's a smaller bar that's sold at PhP 55, too! I was amazed when I saw the price tag so I got one for myself and my mom.




I cut the bar in half - not only to avoid it from melting but to save it from my youngest brother. Hilig din nya gamitin …

The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain Review

I'm anemic and look pale when I'm bare-faced. So whenever I go out, I try to look as healthy and pretty (lol) as possible. But the weather's been so hot (to think that it's already October!) and chances are, when I go out and put make up on, it'll fade in a couple of hours. Effort lang talaga ang magpa-pretty, gahd! That's when I started using lip and cheek tints. And now, I'll share with you one of my favourites-
The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain.


Burnt Face & HHN Sunflower Beauty Oil (Review)

In my constant search for a new moisturizer that I can use, I came across Human Heart Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. This one is very popular and a favorite among ladies. After some research, I decided to try it out. I had high hopes on the product since it claims 23 miracles, so how did it go, you ask?

Mestiza (The Healthy Skin Soap)

Wotcha ladies! Yes, this is another (affordable) whitening soap post. I am a big fan of Miss Kaycee of Kikaysikat and she recommended that I try this soap. Drum roll for Mestiza Soap!

Price: Php 53/ 120g Available in all supermarkets and drugstores